2.22.2015

14 Day Love Your Husband Challenge - Day 8

Do you ever ask your husband's opinion on something...?
If you don't, then let's start there. :)  You probably don't need or want his opinion on EVERYTHING...nor does he want to have to think about and give you an opinion on EVERYTHING...but most husbands would appreciate being consulted from time to time.  They like to know their opinion and thoughts matter to their wives.


Here's where I screw up.  I often ask his opinion on things...it's part of my vetting ideas process.  I'm always curious what he thinks, and I appreciate him giving me his thoughts.  But as I continue working through all angles of a situation or as I change my mind about how I want to fix my hair, thus changing the factors weighing in on what outfit I'll wear, I often - or as my husband would say ALWAYS - do the opposite! LOL   "Always" is an exaggeration, but what is true, is that I often enjoy picking his brain, getting his input, but then end up going a different direction.  

Seemed harmless to me really, but I had no idea how it was affecting him.  It makes our husbands feel like they don't matter and very disrespected when their advice or suggestions fall on deaf ears.  I had no idea that's what I was communicating to my husband! Ouch! :(  He explained to me that when I ask him to think or spend time analyzing/evaluating something he probably doesn't care that much about - but he stops and makes an effort because he loves me - only to have me go off and do the opposite or something different...it's like a slap in the face to him.

So today's challenge, day #8, is to involve your husband when appropriate, get his input...but if you care enough to ask, and he cares enough to respond - take his advice!  If he picks the pink dress over the grey one, and you later realize it doesn't match your new jewelry or your fingernails as much as you had hoped...who cares!?  Most people won't notice or care about either one...but your husband cares!  If he picked the pink one and you walk out in something else - he automatically feels like he doesn't matter.  Booo...that stinks.  So - take the clash of the nails, the jewelry, or both...because at the end of the day - HE matters more. :)

Today's challenge is that simple: Ask his advice - and then take it.

Before you leave today...do me a favor and subscribe to the blog if you haven't...future posts will go right to your email and you can easily read and share from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment